Today I start being the man I’ve been waiting to become.
One thing that man does is write at least 30 minutes every day. I can’t promise that every day those 30 minutes will be spent writing for this site, but over the first 9 months or so of this year, oneforfive.com was a great place for me to expend excess mental energy in a productive, engaging and fun way. I’m bringing that back today.
The man I’ve been waiting to become:
- exercises daily
- sits up straight when he’s at the computer
- doesn’t fear being alone
- goes on adventures with his children
- uses the telephone to call his friends often
- writes daily
- is focused and motivated at work
- loves to laugh
- reads books instead of mindlessly clicking around the web
- is organized financially and with his time
- is available for mutually enriching relationships
- prays only for the knowledge of God’s will and the power to carry it out
- prays without cease
- carries his story with him and shares it freely, not seeking pity, not seeking affection, but as a means of empowering others who may need an example of experience, strength, and hope
This is the man I’ve been waiting to become, and the man I am today.