Somebody somewhere decided November is “Gratitude Month” and that sounds good to me. It is the month of Thanksgiving, after all. In the spirit of giving thanks, here is a list of things on Earth, in no particular order, that I’m grateful for right at this very second:
- a wife who loves me
- healthy and happy children
- an extended family all over the world that loves me and my wife and children
- friends who I love and who love me like family
- sobriety, second chances
- youth, health, opportunity
- a job, a roof, a car, a full belly, clean water, new-ish clothes
- access to 21st century technology and all the information I’ll ever need
- a few extra bucks to spend on fun stuff once in a while (like a World Cup quick-play from Time Travel Games called Mea Copa that I just received in the mail over the weekend. More on this later.)
1 Peter – Chapter 5:
5All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.