Some Sunday Night Items of Note
- APBA Baseball for Windows v5.75 is now available for Pre-Order at the you-can’t-go-wrong purchase price of $20.00 for the complete game including season rosters for 2011, 1961, and 1921. The price point is perfect, the inclusion of the season rosters is a terrific move. I’m a fan of everything APBA is doing these days.
- Speaking of everything APBA is doing, in the July 20th newsletter it was announced that the game co. will sponsor next year’s APBA convention, to be held June 21-22, 2013 in Alpharetta, Georgia. While certainly a practical decision, moving the convention to Alpharetta is also a symbolic gesture; as John Herson himself once said, APBA is not a place. And though the green fields of Lancaster, PA may hold many great memories for gamers, the future of the company is not there.
- more APBA news: it was announced at the APBA Convention this weekend that the legendary Zack Handbook is now online. Geoff Giordino of the APBA Football Club on Facebook has a great 4:51 interview with the man who spearheaded this project, John Cochrane. If you aren’t familiar with it, the Zack Handbook is a comprehensive reference guide to anything related to APBA baseball cards. It is a brilliant labor of love that has been long out of print. I’ve personally been looking for a copy for a few months now, but the few books that did go on the market typically sold for around $300. Having this reference available online to anyone with internet access is a wonderful gift to the community.
- I have recently started playing Strat-O-Matic Pro Football, and while I’ve been preparing for my first project, Dan’s Strat-O-Matic Football Page has been an invaluable resource for me.
- With the 2012 Olympics on beginning this week, I’d guess I’m probably not alone in wondering about replay possibilities for Olympic-style games like swimming, or the many track-and-field events. John at Sportsreplays.net has us covered.